By providing pathways to education and financial stability that create better opportunities for everyone, United Way of Lebanon County is making our community a better place to live, work, and thrive.
It’s more than a day job. It’s a mission and a passion.
United Way of Lebanon County's mission is to serve as thought leaders, convene community, promote collaboration, and develop resources and solutions to strengthen Lebanon County. We do this by identifying key issues facing our region, engaging individuals to build solutions-focused strategies, and mobilizing resources to invest for change.
United Way of Lebanon County (UWLC) raises more than $1 million annually through the Annual Community Campaign and invests resources back into the community through Community Impact Grants to nonprofit organizations and Focused Initiatives including Community Schools, 211, and the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA). UWLC also coordinates annual community activities including Day of Caring, Stuff the Bus School Supply Drive, and the Leonard Washington Community Service Award.
United Way of Lebanon County Employment Standards
- Passion for United Way of Lebanon County’s mission.
- Adaptability and openness to alternative solutions and flexibility when interacting with others.
- Know and effectively communicate United Way’s goals and achievements and articulate how donations are making a difference.
- Ability to develop and maintain high-level relationships with various community stakeholders, United Way Board of Directors, companies, organizations, and volunteers.
- A team player who is inclusive, flexible, creative, and energetic and who is able to work both independently and as a collaborative team member.
- A decisive and resourceful individual with the willingness to accept responsibility and take charge of results; able to work successfully with limited resources.
- Ability to represent United Way of Lebanon County with a variety of audiences.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, a professional demeanor, and to represent the organization in a positive manner at all times.