A community school is both a place and a set of partnerships between the school and other community resources. Its integrated focus on academics, health and social services, youth and community development and community engagement leads to improved student learning, stronger families and healthier communities. With our partnership with Communities In Schools, our first two community schools in Lebanon County are moving forward in the Lebanon School District at Northwest Elementary and Lebanon Middle Schools.
Goals for the Community Schools:
- Increase attendance.
- Increase parent engagement.
- Decrease behavioral issues.
- Align community resources to meet needs of the students and families.
Some of the projects that our Community Schools Coordinators are working on are:
- Providing targeted case management services to 35 students.
- Launching a girl’s self-esteem group at Northwest Elementary.
- Implementing an anti-bullying Group at Lebanon Middle School.
- Coordinating with community programs such as Power Packs and Be The One Parenting Program.
Want more information about our Community Schools initiative?
Whether you are a community member wanting to know more or an agency/business who wants more info on how to get involved. Fill out the following info, and we'll be back in touch to provide more information!