Education Builds Strong Communities
United Way of Lebanon County seeks to be an ongoing supporter of education in our community. Through programs like Stuff the Bus and 1st Grade Success Kits (NEW for 2017), we organize giving and volunteering throughout Lebanon County to provide resources for children to succeed in school.
We have collected a list of educational resources, below, and encourage you to sign up for our Education mailing list in the form below to receive ongoing communication from United Way including community programs, family activities, and educational information.
1st Grade Success Kits
If you have a child in first grade in Lebanon County this year, he or she should have received a Success Kit during the first week of school. This county-wide project brings together schools, organizations, corporate partners, and families to collectively contribute to student success. Every first grader in Lebanon County (more than 1700 children!) has received a Success Kit just like yours.
Family involvement is vital in creating school success for every child at every age. We’ve filled the Success Kit folder with resources to support families’ needs so that you can best support your child’s education. We encourage you to take an active role in your child’s education and hope that the tools and resources provided will allow you and your child to dive into learning together.
In the Success Kit, you’ll find school supplies, information and resources, and a special t-shirt for your child, who will be a member of the Class of 2029! Please encourage your child to wear the shirt proudly and talk with him or her about working toward the important goal of high school graduation. We hope that this shirt will empower your child to prioritize education and make him or her feel a part of something bigger – our county’s class of 2029.
The Success Kit project was made possible by our generous community sponsors. We thank the following organizations for their support.
Sign up to receive information
- Pennsylvania’s school vaccination requirements have changed. Please make sure you click here to familiarize yourself with these new requirements, which include:
- Only FIVE days to complete required vaccinations after the school year begins (much less time than in previous years)
- Additional doses of certain vaccinations at the middle and high school levels
- In August 2017, the central PA area began to have a second area code (223) in addition to 717. You now need to dial all 10 digits (area code, then the 7-digit phone number) to complete a local call. Make sure your school forms include the area code in your contact information, and that your children know your area code as part of their important phone numbers. More information about this change is available here.
- IU13 offers an Educational Resource Directory with key contact information for all IU13 schools. Click here to download the directory, which is available for free on their website.
- Though Kindergarten Registration for the 2018-2019 school year will not begin until the spring of 2018, links for all of Lebanon County school districts and information about early childhood success will be available here.
Stay tuned for additional educational resources and links! Have a great start to the school year!